Time for Free For All Friday, a time to talk about all the Angels-related topics that slipped through the cracks this week, as well as any other totally unrelated topic you feel like bringing up.
Here are a few topics for you to discuss amongst yourselves:
- Good news. The good news is that I scored an interview with ESPN's Dan Shulman in lieu of the Sunday Night Baseball broadcast of the Dodgers-Angels game. I'll have that posted as our preview on Sunday, so stay tuned.
- Bad news. OK, bad for you, good for me. Production is going to be a bit light next week, my wife and daughter are finally joining me in Seattle this weekend and we are moving into our house then as well. Needless to say, I'm going to be busy with that, so don't expect the usual stream of content for at least the first few days of next week.
- Apparently Charlie Sheen used steroids when he was filming Major League, that is if we can take a degenerate, junkie, compulsive liar at his word. My question though is why? Does anybody care if Sheen was throwing 85 instead of 78 in a movie? Did it enhance the film in any way? Tim Robbins in Bull Durham had one of the worst throwing motions anyone has ever seen and it is still considered one of the best baseball movies ever. Sorry, Charlie, but that is not winning.
- I don't know if you've been watching the new show Wilfred, but it is pretty good. However, whenever I watch it, I can't help but wonder what my own dog would sound like if he were anthropomorphic. He's a Pembroke Welsh Corgi, so I suppose he'd have a Welsh accent, but he is also pretty grumpy, so I think there'd be a touch of Ed Asner in there too.
- I'm man enough to admit when I am wrong. I though I was dead on when I predicted Mike Trout would be promoted to Salt Lake after the Double-A All-Star break, but I guess I misread the tea leaves. Trout played for Arkansas last night, so I guess whatever credibility I had just went out the window... until I predict his promotion again at the Triple-A All-Star break.
Or just feel free to bring up a topic of your own. I don't really care (as long as you keep it clean) because it's Friday.