2012 is drawing to a close. For the Angels, it was a bittersweet season as they welcomed superstars Mike Trout and Albert Pujols to the team, but also had to stomach the brutal disappointment of missing the playoffs. But here at MWAH, it was all good as we had our best year ever and even capped it off with our best month ever in December. How did it all happen? Because of you, the readers. You all read a lot of stuff, probably instead of doing your work, so shame on you. But just in case you want to procrastinate further, take a trip down memory lane by reviewing these top ten posts for MWAH in 2012:
- Give Mike Trout a contract extension now - This is the one article that just never stops getting traffic. Every time he does something amazing, I suddenly got a spike in traffic on this post. Now, if only I could get Trout and Dipoto to read this and actually get a damn extension done.
- Mike Trout is Superman and I can prove it - Trout again. Really, I'm surprised that Trout wasn't the topic of all ten of these posts. Oh, and he is totally Superman. I half expect him to start wearing a cape in the field next season.
- The case for and against firing Mike Scioscia - This is awkward. I felt icky just writing that post as I am an unabashed Scioscia apologist. For me, 2012 will always be the season that Scioscia officially fell from grace. Even if he lasts another decade in Anaheim, 2012 will be a big blemish on his record, which is kind of crazy since the team did still manage to win 89 games.
- What's next for the post-Greinke Angels - Remember how for a few days after Greinke signed with the Dodgers and Angels fans had no idea what the Halos were going to do? That was a rough period, but then they signed Hamilton and this post became irrelevant almost immediately.
- Six Angels that could be traded before Opening Day - I am not the least bit surprised that this was popular since everyone loves trade speculation. The best part of it though is that none of these guys got traded before Opening Day, although two got released and one of them and one got traded after Opening Day.
- VIDEO: Mike Trout makes amazing catch, provides further evidence that he is Superman - Oh, I see you thought I was kidding about the Superman thing. No sir, I am not. Not kidding at all.
- The last temptation of Vernon Wells - The only thing more reliable for pageviews than trade rumors or Trout awesomeness is writing about getting rid of Vernon Wells.
- Mike Trout high school memories (braces included) - Seriously, you people will read anything about Mike Trout, won't you?
- Please, Angels, let Peter Bourjos go - I was very happy to be wrong about this.
- The Angels 2012 payroll according to WAR - This was thinly veiled attempt to show how utterly worthless Vernon Wells was in 2011.
|Like MWAH on Facebook||Follow MWAH on Twitter|