People say that "hate" is a strong word, but I really hate the Texas Rangers. I used to not care about them all that much, but in the last few years, they have quickly grown into the Angels biggest and most loathsome rival.
Why? There is no one reason, but rather a series of offenses that have turned them from a mere nuisance into a hated foe:
- Pompous Josh Hamilton and his BS excuses about not being able to hit during the day because he has blue eyes
- Ian Kinsler and his general punkass nature
- Adrian Beltre glowering at everyone all the time, especially when they touch his head (spuring the Angels in free agency didn't help)
- The Rangers always busting out their red alternate jerseys whenever they play the Halos
- CJ Wilson always running his mouth
- Texas somehow acquiring Cliff Lee at the 2010 trade deadline despite being bankrupt
- That stupid "deer antlers" hand signal
- Southern California vs. Texas, possibly two of the most different major markets in the country
I could go on and on about this, but what really chaps my ass right now is that the Halos were on a real tear the last few weeks and STILL lost ground on the Rangers because those jerkwads had to go and win 11 games in a row. The question I want to put to the rest of you though is if you share in my hatred for the Rangers and, if so, how deep does that hate run?
Time to vote!
- I don't hate them at all, baseball is just a game
- I can't say I like them, but I begrudingly respect them
- Not quite hate, but intense dislike
- I have them more than any other team in baseball
- If I see a Ranger crossing the street in front of my car, I'm stepping on the accelerator
To place your vote, simply find the Poll of the Week in the gray sidebar to the right.
I hate the Boston red Sox more than anything. Not more than any team in baseball....more than ANYTHING. As if 1986 wasn't harmful enough (the scar will never fully heal); I was a 13 year old young boy at the time and , well, lets not talk anymore about it - I'm starting to twitch. But 2004, 2007 and 2008 were on the biggest of stages, and Boston punking us in the worst of ways. ESPECIALLY at home in 2008 and their fans being complete morons (putting it angelically). yeah...HATE HATE HATE Boston - BUCK FOSTON!!!
Now, Texas, I don't like them but it is kind of "whatever", sure they have Nolan but he wanted them, not the Angels so screw'm both in my opinion (I DO hope Nolan recovers quickly) The ONLY success they have had in the post season was last year. Their Pudge/Juan Gonzales days were a laughing stock. We have a ring, they are one of what 3 franchises to never have won a World Series??
C would be the answer for me. The Rangers are, after all, not the Yankees or the Red Sox and I reserve all my hatred for them now that the Giants are off my list (although the Dodgers are close to taking their place). The one big minus for me is Kinsler, who is trying to out-Pierzynski Pierzynski for the title of most hated opponent in all of baseball. He's the one who makes it more personal. I miss the good old days when we could count on Alphonso Soriano to hit a home run to scare us and then commit a late inning error to give the Angels the game. Good times.