- Reggie Willits, LF
- Gary Matthews, CF
- Howie Kendrick, 2B
- Brandon Wood, SS
- Robb Quinlan, 1B
- Terry Evans, RF
- Freddy Sandoval, 3B
- Bobby Wilson, C
- Chris Pettit, DH
Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim (86-59) @ Boston Red Sox (86-58)
Starters: LAA - Ervin Santana (7-8, 5.52 ERA) BOS - Josh Beckett (15-6, 3.82 ERA)
Game Info: 4:10 PM PT TV-Fox Sports West & MLB Network, Radio-KLAA 830 AM, KFWB, KWKW 1330 AMTHREE Questions:
- What did the Angels do to deserve this Fenway curse? Please, someone tell me because I am willing to do whatever is necessary to make things right.
- Why is Juan River playing? I don't think he should be after dogging it on the game-winning blooper last night and I am mildly upset with Scioscia for not making an example of him in some way.
- Not that the Angels will have a lead to protect, but if they do, will Scioscia dare let Brian Fuentes go for the save again?
- The Angels finally buckle down defensively and don't make a single error, but it won't matter as the Red Sox will score more than enough earned runs to get the win.
- Vladimir Guerrero is out of the line-up today but will be back for the first game of the Rangers series.
- I wish for just win to close out this series. Obviously the Halos aren't going to start just the scrubs, but the idea of them needing something good to build on remains valid. A win tonight over Josh Beckett would be a big positive for the entire clubhouse.