Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim (86-56) @ New York Yankees (92-52)
Starters: LAA - Jered Weaver (15-5, 3.76 ERA) NYY - Joba Chamberlain (8-5, 4.45 ERA)
Game Info: 4:05 PM PT TV-Fox Sports West, Radio-KLAA 830 AM, KFWB, KWKW 1330 AMTHREE Questions:
- Will Jered Weaver's extreme flyball tendencies be his undoing in the launching pad that new Yankee Stadium has become?
- Do the Angels still have Joba's number? The Halos shelled Joba earlier this season, but can they do it again in the new Yankee Stadium? Though with Joba having his innings limited, they may have a small window for roughing him up.
- Torii Hunter and Bobby Abreu are heating up, but can the rest of the Angel sluggers catch up? Abreu and Hunter are the only Angel power bats with an OPS over .700 in the month of September. The team needs Guerrero, Morales and Rivera to all start hitting again if they want get their offense back on track.
- The Angels smack around the Yankees one last time, just to give them a quick reminder before the post-season starts that the Halos still own them.
- Despite the controversy over his recent performance, Brian Fuentes comes in to work a perfect inning to pick up his 42nd save of the year.
- I wish that Mike Scioscia would see the light and go whatever he can to get Howie Kendrick in the line-up more. The guy is on fire right now, but is playing every other day at best. Why they haven't had him take some balls in the outfield or something is beyond me. They are willing to move almost every other player around on the field, but not Howie. I just don't get it.