Seattle Mariners (72-68) @ Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim (83-55)
Starters: SEA - Ryan Rowland-Smith (3-2, 3.88 ERA) LAA - John Lackey (9-7, 3.74 ERA)
Game Info: 7:05 PM PT TV-Fox Sports West, Radio-KLAA 830 AM, KFWB, KWKW 1330 AMTHREE Questions:
- Can the Angels build on the modicum of success they had hitting with runners in scoring position last night?
- Is Juan Rivera's swing back or was last night's homer an aberration?
- Will Mike Scioscia be foolish enough to employ the Quinlan platoon tonight? K-Mo is heating up and proven he can hit lefties, but Sosh is as stubborn as they come. I can't wait to see the line-ups.
- Howie Kendrick lights up Rowland-Smith, proving that he should play more in place of the slumping Maicer Izturis and that guys with hyphenated last names generally suck at everything.
- I'm not exactly sure how it will happen, but I have a hunch that there will be a Brandon Wood sighting tonight. And by that I mean him actually playing and producing, not just a camera shot of him dejectedly sitting on the bench spitting out sunflower seeds.
- I wish for the Angels to win big, not just because I always want them to win big but because Kevin Jepsen and Brian Fuentes have pitched two games in a row and the Angel bullpen can't afford to overtax them by having either of them go again tonight.