- It might be too little too late, but Mike Napoli has seven hits and two home runs in his last 20 at-bats. At a minimum he looks like should be a quality late-inning pinch-hitter in place of Jeff Mathis, assuming Scioscia still doesn't trust his defense.
- I know they are just five inning tune-up starts against a patchwork Oakland line-up, but all the Angel starting pitchers look primed and ready to go for the post-season.
- How in the world did Joe Saunders win 16 games this year? In fact, he now finishes 16-7, which just barely gives him the best record in the entire rotation since Jered Weaver was 16-8. Sometimes baseball makes my head hurt.
- Oh crap! The one thing that the Angels didn't need this weekend was to suffer and injury, especially to their bullpen. But now Jason Bulger might just be lost for the ALDS pending his Tuesday throwing session.
- Compounding the potential Bulger injury is Kevin Jepsen giving up runs in both of his appearances this series. The prospect of Jose Arredondo throwing his split-finger/lawn dart in crucial ALDS is suddenly looming large right now.
- WTF?!?! Why was the game not on TV Saturday? I know Fox was holding out on their game of the week scheduling and chose not to show the Halos game but why can't the game be shown on another station. That is some serious bull honkey.