Halo Headlines - 10/14/09
- The Story: A business intelligence company has computed that the Angels and Dodgers will be in the World Series, with the Dodgers winning. The Monkey Says: Business intelligence is actually my day job, so I have to give these guys some love even if they picked the wrong winner.
- The Story: Mike Scioscia is the face of evil for New Yorkers. The Monkey Says: The column tries to be clever and make it sound like Sosh is a hellspawn, but all he has ever done is win and done so in classy fashion, so the proclamations of evil are bit overblown.
- The Story: AngelsWin.com is still relishing in the mayhem that the Angels' sweep of the Red Sox has wrought in Boston. The Monkey Says: And I think I might have to make the lead picture in the posting my new desktop wallpaper.
- The Story: The real Chone Figgins needs to show up for the ALCS if the Angels want to beat the Yankees. The Monkey Says: The Angels need to terrorize the Yanks with their aggressive baserunning and the Figgy is their best weapon in that department, so a few more stolen bases and a few less called third strikes from Chone would be a big help.
- The Story: The Yankees are hoping to go with a three-man rotation (Sabathia, Burnett, Pettitte) in the ALCS, but weather might foil those plans. The Monkey Says: Start doing your rain dance now because rain is expected Friday and Saturday in New York and if either game is delayed, they will have to go with a four-man rotation and that could very well mean Chad Gaudin starting Game 4 in Anaheim. Ummm... yes, please!!!
- The Story: Joe Girardi hopes to control the Angel running game with frequent pitchouts and pitchers using slidesteps. The Monkey Says: They're already in Girardi's head if that is his plan. I am begging them to try and have Sabathia and Burnett use a slidestep and take them out of their rhythm. That would play right into the Angels' hands.