Halo Headlines - 11/17/09
- The Story: Scott Boras thinks the owners are crying wolf about having to cut costs this off-season. The Monkey Says: Boras is probably at least partially right, but still, he is a bastard and his clients are thus bastards by proxy. Not that I am still bitter about the Mark Teixeira negotiations or anything.
- The Story: The Angels are expressing some interest in Matt Holliday. The Monkey Says: See my above comment about Scott Boras clients. Also, please reference Holliday's stats playing in the AL with Oakland and realize that Holliday isn't cut out for the American League.
- The Story: Tony Reagins refutes the rumor that the Angels are going after Matt Holliday. The Monkey Says: The Angel GM maintains that Figgins and Lackey are his top priority, but the Angel front office always plays their cards close to the vest so if they did want Holliday they aren't going to tell anyone anyway.
- The Story: If Chone Figgins leaves via free agency, the Angels still have plenty of in-house leadoff options. The Monkey Says: But none of them will be as good as Figgy. On a side note, shame on the author for actually including Gary Matthews in that list. He sucks, just admit it.
- The Story: A rumor is circulating of a three-way trade between the Angels, Padres and White Sox with the Angels getting Paul Konerko and the White Sox getting Adrian Gonzalez. The Monkey Says: This rumors sounds pretty made up and solely based on the idea that Bill Stoneman used to have a hard on for getting Konerko, but those days are long gone. I can certainly see the Angels making a deal with the Padres, but only if LAA is the one netting Adrian Gonzalez.