Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim (52-38) @ Kansas City Royals (37-54)
Starters: LAA - Sean O'Sullivan (2-0, 3.80 ERA) KC - Sidney Ponson (1-5, 7.27 ERA)
Game Info: 5:10 PM PT TV-Fox Sports West, Radio-KLAA 830 AM, KFWB, KWKW 1330 AMTHREE Questions:
- Is Sean O'Sullivan getting the call tonight because he is the best option or because the Angels are hoping to showcase him for a trade by matching him up against the worst offense in the American League?
- With Bobby Wilson being demoted to make room for O'Sullivan, does that mean the Napoli-at-DH experiment is over or will the Angels just take their chances that Mathis doesn't hurt himself? Then again, I am in favor of anything that results in more at-bats for Brandon Wood.
- Will Juan Rivera be available tonight? His hamstring injury is acting up again but the Angels don't seem to be thinking he needs a DL stint. I know the Royals stink, but they can't possibly keep up this offensive pace without him, Hunter and Vlad.
- Bobby Abreu will continue his recent power surge (of one game) by victimizing Ponson, who he owns, for a first inning tater.
- O'Sullivan will pitch well, but somehow Matt Palmer, who was snubbed in favor of O'Sullivan, will somehow get the win.
- That Sean O'Sullivan "accidentally" hits Jose Guillen in the face with an errant fastball. Considering his .684 OPS, I imagine the Royal fans wouldn't mind if that happened either.